Another week over! This one was filled to overflowing with fun and precious moments. Monday, I had the pleasure of lunch and fun conversation with the super sweet, knowledgeable and just all around great Nicole of By Word of Mouth Musings. I’m so lucky to have met her.
Tuesday, Middle had a Family Heritage Day at her school and all parents, grand-parents and siblings were invited to enjoy some ethnic foods and to see what the children learned about their heritage throughout the school year. I loved that my girls dressed in traditional German garb. Little One wore the same Dirndl dress that I wore when I was her age. Thanks to my mom who saved it all these years!!!
Wednesday was a big day for the Boy. In the morning the school had a “Anchors Away” program to send the 5th graders off to Middle School. I can’t believe my first born will be in Middle School next school year. Time truly does fly. In the evening, it was time for his first school dance. He looked so handsome and grown up. I went as a chaperon which didn’t make him too happy but he had fun and I left him alone and stayed with the other moms there.
Thursday, I spent most of my day catching up with household chores and laundry. I also started packing for our unexpected weekend trip. I’m so excited. Saturday, I will be attending my first blog conference in Orlando. I’m going to SheCon 2012!!! While I am at the conference all day Saturday, hubby will be keeping the kids and himself busy and after we’ll be meeting one of my high school friends for dinner.
But today is Friday. Time to find out what Hilary has in store for us. Each week she lists four statements with blanks for us to fill in. It’s easy, fun and entertaining. Why don’t you join her and the rest of us who play along?
Here are this weeks statements:
1. After a long day, I like to ___
2. ___is my favorite cleaning product
3. I can’t stand to watch ___
4. I want to ___ when I ___.
1. After a long day, I like to soak my troubles away in a hot bubble bath, Breaking Dawn soundtrack on low, candles burning and reading a good book. (Right now that would be “Mockingjay”, the third book of The Hunger Games Trilogy!)
2. Fabuloso (lavender) is my favorite cleaning product.
3. I can’t stand to watch news involving abused, missing or murdered children. My mother’s heart cries for them and makes me worry about my own.
4. I want to “dance with somebody…”when I hear 80’s music. We used to have this fabulous 80’s club here and I so enjoyed going there and hearing old school Madonna, Whitney Houston etc. Good times!!! 🙂
(I linked the to the You Tube video above!)… You’re welcome. 🙂