It’s Monday… afternoon. And I feel like the day is just passing me by. So much to do, so little time.
But I really want to take some time and join Stasha for her Monday Listicles.
This week Kim of The G is Silent chose the topic. She wants us to write a list about a special man in our life.
The main man in my life is my hubby! The boy doesn’t quite count as a man just yet. 🙂
Here are 10 reasons/memories/things that make him special to me.
1. The biggest one of all would probably be the fact that he stepped up to the plate when I became pregnant with our son only 3 months after meeting him. He could have easily walked away but chose to stay and become a dad and family man. And here we are 12 years down the road…
2. He is such a wonderful father and his kids, especially the girls adore him. I’ve said this before but they are daddy’s girls. I love it when one of them runs up to him, jumps into his arms, gives him a monkey hug and tells him: “I love you daddy. You are the best.” Just because.
3. I love when he comes home after work with a bouquet of flowers or most recently, German pickles, just because he wants to see me smile. No reason, no occasion… just because.
4. This one is not necessarily a happy memory but a tender one. Middle had eye surgery when she was three. Due to unforeseen circumstances I had to leave the hospital while she was in surgery. He stayed, and was there when they wheeled her out. When I walked in, there he was, in the hospital bed with her in his arms, soothing her and holding her. It was a sight I will never forget and still brings tears to my eyes.
5. On a lighter note, last summer one of my besties came to visit and we met up with German friends of ours that were here on vacation. One day, we decided that us girls would go shopping because the guys really didn’t want to. So, hubby stayed home and entertained a virtual stranger all day so we girls could go shopping in peace. They had a blast, even with the language barrier, and once we got home we all got to enjoy hubby’s barbeque skills!!!
6. He has a soft heart when it comes to animals. A few years ago, I found this tiny kitten in the backyard… around 4 weeks old. I brought her home but kept her outside on the back deck. The next day, I put up fliers, and was going to take her to the humane society, since we had 3 dogs and really didn’t need another mouth to feed. He had run out to the grocery store for something… and came home with a collar, dishes and cat food instead. He named the kitten Finnegan and she has him wrapped around her little paws!
7. I love that he plays guitar, electric and acoustic. It’s like I have my own rock star in the house… there’s always music around. He also dabbles in bass, drums and knows a tune or two on the trumpet. The kids have inherited his love for music and want to play their own instruments. Not sure how I feel about having a drum set in the house, though!
8. He’s my own personal tech guru. I never have to worry about my laptop, backups or hosting issues. He handles it all for me… and I know, that’s a biggie, especially for a blogger! When I told him I wanted to buy a premium theme and start running on the Genesis framework, he quietly did a back up of my blog and told me to have at it. Not one minute of worry for me. I had enough on my mind switching themes!!! 🙂
9. He is also super understanding and supportive of my blogging endeavors and puts up with me sitting in front of my laptop until midnight, trying to catch up on my blog reading, commenting and writing. You all know how time consuming it can get, right?
10. He’s a pretty amazing cook and does a lot of the cooking. I think, most weeks he probably cooks more than I do. He enjoys it and we (mostly) love what he whips up. I don’t even mind the clean up after… usually. (He does have a tendency for using every pot, bowl and spoon in the kitchen!) 🙂
Yes, I love my husband, even if we don’t always see eye to eye… it’s marriage, it does take some work and compromise. But in the end the love that we make is equal to the love we take!!!!