Random questions, random answers

July 1, 2012

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. If you went through the bad storms and lost power and still don’t have it… I feel for you. It’s no fun, especially in this heat. Stay hydrated and as cool as you can and hang in there!

Monday, a new week, one with a holiday right in the middle… it’ll be my first 4th of July as an American citizen. So, really, it’s my first official 4th of July!!! We won’t be doing much… maybe see the fireworks at the park by our house. Little One isn’t too fond of fireworks and all the noise, so we usually stick close to home and spent a relaxing day together. Family time.

Monday also means time for a list. This week Stasha wants us to answer 10 random questions…

Here we go:

1) Grab the book nearest you, turn to page 23, and find line 4. What is it?

…information the Seeker needed, I would have to explore…

(Finally, started reading this book. It’s definitely no Twilight. But I’m sucked into the story. Love it.)

2) How many times a day do you say Hi?

I’m not sure. At least 4 or 5 times.

3) Have you ever worn a uniform?

Yes, growing up in East Germany we had to wear special uniforms for certain occasions… as young pioneers. ( A white blouse, red or blue neck kerchief and a skirt for the girls, shorts or pants for the boys.) But no regular school uniform.

4) What do you think about the most?

My kids… are they happy, are they having fun, do they have enough food, is she napping? Big kids are at camp during the week and Little One gets into a lot of trouble when she is supposed to nap!

5) How many keys are on your key ring?

Two. I only use the car key though. We have a number lock on the front door and I never use the key anymore.Β

6) What was the last thing you bought?

Groceries, before that a new tank top for myself, a summer dress and flip flops and sandals for the girls, all at Old Navy. Love that store. πŸ™‚

7) Are you growing anything these days?

Yes, to my utter surprise… basil and a red pepper plant. The basil is growing fantastically, no peppers on the red pepper plant but its growing and I haven’t killed it, yet. I do not have a green thumb!

8) What is under your bed?

My pilates mat and some dust bunnies.

9) What is most important in life?

Family, friends and happiness.

10) What is the strangest word you used this week?

Penis pump. Yes, I did. After seeing “Magic Mike”… πŸ˜‰

• Alison@Mama Wants This July 1, 2012 at 11:23 pm

Hahaha penis pump!! I don’t even want to know πŸ™‚

• Stasha July 2, 2012 at 5:47 am

In diference with Alison I totally want to know!!

• Susi July 2, 2012 at 1:01 pm

See the movie!!! πŸ˜‰

• Susi July 2, 2012 at 1:10 pm

Believe me, I don’t want to tell!!! It was just too funny that’s all. I never thought I would use that word in random conversation, that’s for sure!!!

• Brandee July 2, 2012 at 12:24 am

Penis pump, hey? Hahahaha! Guess I will have to see Magic Mike to know how it was used, although I can take a guess. πŸ˜‰ Enjoy your first 4th of July as a new citizen – how fun! Great list.

• Susi July 2, 2012 at 1:09 pm

Thanks Brandee. Yes, see the movie… that’s all I can say. πŸ˜‰

• Lisa C July 2, 2012 at 1:03 am

My mother-in-law used to be part of a youth group that wore a uniform like that in the 40s, though I think the name was something different… She was in Berlin, on the West side, but used to go over to the East all the time before they closed it completely, as I recall.

• Susi July 2, 2012 at 1:08 pm

Wonder which group that was. The Wall didn’t go up until 1961 up until then it was perfectly fine to go back and forth. My grandma had a sister in the Western part of Germany, after the wall came up they didn’t see each other for almost 30 years.

• BonnyBard July 2, 2012 at 3:44 am

I’m with Alison, I’m not sure I want to know!
    Also, the Host was much better than Twilight, in my opinion, curious to know what you think!

• Susi July 2, 2012 at 1:04 pm

So far I really like The Host and all I can say, as a true Twihard, is that it is different.

• Stasha July 2, 2012 at 5:46 am

I was a pioneer too!! Loved wearing that, made me feel so important.
    Isn’t it amazing how obsolete keys are becoming? Your basil is beautiful. Happy 4th, big deal for you this year!!!

• Susi July 2, 2012 at 1:03 pm

Looking back at the pictures of me in our little uniform I remember feeling special, too. And yes, it is amazing how keys have changed and now are nearly extinct… I love having the touch-pad because the kids can never lose the key!!!

• Kerry July 2, 2012 at 7:00 am

Hahaha you made me laugh with that last comment lol I really wasn’t expecting that πŸ™‚
    I can’t wait to see that movie!! Just for the eye candy alone πŸ˜‰
    I love random posts, have a great day my friend!!

• Susi July 2, 2012 at 1:00 pm

I wasn’t expecting to write it either. I was going back and forth and then thought, go for it. Hope you have a nice day, too!!! πŸ™‚

• Kathy Kramer July 2, 2012 at 7:27 am

I’m hearing that Magic Mike is a stripper movie with a plot! I’m probably going to put that one in my Netflix queue

• Susi July 2, 2012 at 12:59 pm

It is indeed and worth a look in the Netflix queue. I probably would have done the same if we wouldn’t have had our girls lunch/movie date!!!

• Sisterhood of the Sensible Moms July 2, 2012 at 7:39 am

I want to see Magic Mike!! Now, I am really going to have to get serious about it. Ha! And I have a brown thumb too, but I love gardens and how they look. Loved this list. Erin

• Susi July 2, 2012 at 12:58 pm

Thanks, Erin. You should see the Magic Mike… it’s a fun little movie. It won’t win any Oscars but it’s great entertainment! I love gardens, too, That’s why I keep trying to grow things!!!

• Kimberly July 2, 2012 at 9:12 am

i had to wear a uniform at the catholic high school I went to. I used to roll up the kilt skirt because i’m a trashy girl like that…kidding. Those skirts were so long that they almost went below the knee. We all rolled them.
    I’m afraid to look under my bed.

• Susi July 2, 2012 at 12:56 pm

Ha ha ha… yeah, I don’t look under my bed too often either! I probably would have rolled up that skirt, too if I had to wear a uniform in high school.

• Wayne July 2, 2012 at 9:39 am

A great set of listicles…I do not have a green thumb really either but I keep trying.

• Susi July 2, 2012 at 12:48 pm

I’m the same way. I keep trying and hope for the best… I’m hoping some of my mom’s super green thumb will eventually wear off on me. πŸ˜‰

• Katie E July 2, 2012 at 10:55 am

I liked The Host, too. I had a lot of trouble getting into it initially, but I really liked the story once I did.

• Susi July 2, 2012 at 12:48 pm

Same here, it took me a while to get into the story but now I can’t put it down.

• Jessica July 2, 2012 at 12:12 pm

I bet that strange word is one you never thought you would post on your blog.

• Susi July 2, 2012 at 12:47 pm

You got that right! πŸ˜‰ I never thought, I would use it in conversation either…

• Larks July 2, 2012 at 2:44 pm

LOL! @ Penis pump. And your basil looks great! Happy 4th and congrats on your citizenship!

• Susi July 2, 2012 at 9:19 pm

Thank you. The basil is delicious… we had Veal Milanese for dinner tonight and it was so good.

• Jackie July 2, 2012 at 2:55 pm

You got me laughing with penis pump! Hopefully my 4 yo doesn’t hear that one, I don’t want to have to explain that to her πŸ™‚

• Susi July 2, 2012 at 9:17 pm

Yeah, I did not talk about the movie in front of the kids… the only thing I told them was that it is set in Tampa and Ybor City. Two of our favorite places!

• Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell July 2, 2012 at 3:22 pm

I wanna go see Magic Mike too! So glad your green thumb is giving a tiny peek this year. I don’t have one either.

• Susi July 2, 2012 at 9:16 pm

I’m hoping, if I take it slow and take on one thing at a time, I’ll get better at growing things.

• Jennifer July 2, 2012 at 6:54 pm

I also read The Host, not a bad book, but definitely no Twilight is right!!

• Susi July 2, 2012 at 9:15 pm

Twilight is Twilight… everything else is not!!! πŸ˜‰

• By Word of Mouth Musings July 2, 2012 at 7:17 pm

omgawsh you named it and i didn’t even realise the damn thing was a penis!

• Susi July 2, 2012 at 9:15 pm

Yes, I did and don’t worry I didn’t realize it right away either! πŸ˜‰

• Robbie July 2, 2012 at 8:25 pm

how do you work #10 into a conversation/

• Susi July 2, 2012 at 9:14 pm

Not easily. We were talking about the movie “Magic Mike” after we saw it and it came up! πŸ˜‰

• Ducky July 2, 2012 at 10:00 pm

I love growing basil. I love the smell and it adds so much to dishes when its fresh! Awesome!!

• Susi July 2, 2012 at 11:18 pm

Me, too. Basil is one of my favorite herbs.

• RoryBore July 3, 2012 at 4:03 am

penis pump? Oh, I have got to see this flick now. who knew there was such a thing?

congrats on growing things…even if only basil at this point. I’m still waiting on my tomato plants, but my flower garden is awesome this year.

Enjoy your first 4th of July!

• Susi July 3, 2012 at 9:49 pm

Thanks, Rory. I know, the basil is a start. My pepper plant is growing, too; but no peppers, yet. Your flower garden looks awesome. And the movie… it’s great.

• Audrey July 3, 2012 at 10:07 am

Ha ha ha penis pump! I am dying to see the movie! and I want one of those number keypad locks so bad πŸ™‚

• Susi July 3, 2012 at 9:44 pm

The number pad is really great to have. The hubby installed it in no time. It’s great with the kids. No keys for them to lose.

• Ally July 3, 2012 at 10:43 pm

I really do need to get out and see Magic Mike…

• Susi July 4, 2012 at 9:25 am

You really should… make it a girl’s night out!!! πŸ˜‰

• Bridget July 4, 2012 at 1:37 am

I almost spit out my wine when I read penis pump!

• Susi July 4, 2012 at 9:23 am

I’m glad you said almost… wouldn’t want you to waste any wine!!! πŸ™‚

• Jamie@SouthMainMuse July 4, 2012 at 8:23 am

Too funny…and I have grown basil in my garden the last few summers and not really used it. This summer I was determined to make pesto and cook with all the spices I have. It’s been wonderful.

• Susi July 4, 2012 at 9:21 am

Didn’t even think of pesto, but that’s definitely on the list now. I just made Veal Milanese the other night and it was wonderful to have the fresh basil.