Random questions, random answers

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. If you went through the bad storms and lost power and still don’t have it… I feel for you. It’s no fun, especially in this heat. Stay hydrated and as cool as you can and hang in there!

Monday, a new week, one with a holiday right in the middle… it’ll be my first 4th of July as an American citizen. So, really, it’s my first official 4th of July!!! We won’t be doing much… maybe see the fireworks at the park by our house. Little One isn’t too fond of fireworks and all the noise, so we usually stick close to home and spent a relaxing day together. Family time.

Monday also means time for a list. This week Stasha wants us to answer 10 random questions…

Here we go:

1) Grab the book nearest you, turn to page 23, and find line 4. What is it?

…information the Seeker needed, I would have to explore…

(Finally, started reading this book. It’s definitely no Twilight. But I’m sucked into the story. Love it.)

2) How many times a day do you say Hi?

I’m not sure. At least 4 or 5 times.

3) Have you ever worn a uniform?

Yes, growing up in East Germany we had to wear special uniforms for certain occasions… as young pioneers. ( A white blouse, red or blue neck kerchief and a skirt for the girls, shorts or pants for the boys.) But no regular school uniform.

4) What do you think about the most?

My kids… are they happy, are they having fun, do they have enough food, is she napping? Big kids are at camp during the week and Little One gets into a lot of trouble when she is supposed to nap!

5) How many keys are on your key ring?

Two. I only use the car key though. We have a number lock on the front door and I never use the key anymore.

6) What was the last thing you bought?

Groceries, before that a new tank top for myself, a summer dress and flip flops and sandals for the girls, all at Old Navy. Love that store. :)

7) Are you growing anything these days?

Yes, to my utter surprise… basil and a red pepper plant. The basil is growing fantastically, no peppers on the red pepper plant but its growing and I haven’t killed it, yet. I do not have a green thumb!

8) What is under your bed?

My pilates mat and some dust bunnies.

9) What is most important in life?

Family, friends and happiness.

10) What is the strangest word you used this week?

Penis pump. Yes, I did. After seeing “Magic Mike”… ;)

PR Checker

Comments

My mother-in-law used to be part of a youth group that wore a uniform like that in the 40s, though I think the name was something different… She was in Berlin, on the West side, but used to go over to the East all the time before they closed it completely, as I recall.
    Lisa C recently posted..List #32: Random ListiclesMy Profile

Wonder which group that was. The Wall didn’t go up until 1961 up until then it was perfectly fine to go back and forth. My grandma had a sister in the Western part of Germany, after the wall came up they didn’t see each other for almost 30 years.

I was a pioneer too!! Loved wearing that, made me feel so important.
    Isn’t it amazing how obsolete keys are becoming? Your basil is beautiful. Happy 4th, big deal for you this year!!!
    Stasha recently posted..Monday listiclesMy Profile

Looking back at the pictures of me in our little uniform I remember feeling special, too. And yes, it is amazing how keys have changed and now are nearly extinct… I love having the touch-pad because the kids can never lose the key!!!

Hahaha you made me laugh with that last comment lol I really wasn’t expecting that :)
    I can’t wait to see that movie!! Just for the eye candy alone ;)
    I love random posts, have a great day my friend!!
    Kerry recently posted..Ryan turns 9!My Profile

I wasn’t expecting to write it either. I was going back and forth and then thought, go for it. Hope you have a nice day, too!!! :)

It is indeed and worth a look in the Netflix queue. I probably would have done the same if we wouldn’t have had our girls lunch/movie date!!!

Thanks, Erin. You should see the Magic Mike… it’s a fun little movie. It won’t win any Oscars but it’s great entertainment! I love gardens, too, That’s why I keep trying to grow things!!!

i had to wear a uniform at the catholic high school I went to. I used to roll up the kilt skirt because i’m a trashy girl like that…kidding. Those skirts were so long that they almost went below the knee. We all rolled them.
    I’m afraid to look under my bed.
    Kimberly recently posted..Just DriveMy Profile

Ha ha ha… yeah, I don’t look under my bed too often either! I probably would have rolled up that skirt, too if I had to wear a uniform in high school.

I’m the same way. I keep trying and hope for the best… I’m hoping some of my mom’s super green thumb will eventually wear off on me. ;)

5. Larks says

LOL! @ Penis pump. And your basil looks great! Happy 4th and congrats on your citizenship!

Yeah, I did not talk about the movie in front of the kids… the only thing I told them was that it is set in Tampa and Ybor City. Two of our favorite places!

I’m hoping, if I take it slow and take on one thing at a time, I’ll get better at growing things.

penis pump? Oh, I have got to see this flick now. who knew there was such a thing?

congrats on growing things…even if only basil at this point. I’m still waiting on my tomato plants, but my flower garden is awesome this year.

Enjoy your first 4th of July!
    RoryBore recently posted..Monday Listicles: Stasha AsksMy Profile

Thanks, Rory. I know, the basil is a start. My pepper plant is growing, too; but no peppers, yet. Your flower garden looks awesome. And the movie… it’s great.

The number pad is really great to have. The hubby installed it in no time. It’s great with the kids. No keys for them to lose.

Didn’t even think of pesto, but that’s definitely on the list now. I just made Veal Milanese the other night and it was wonderful to have the fresh basil.