Thanks… for this! {Monday Listicles}

Every once in a while it’s nice to sit back and think of the people and things that you are thankful for.

Stasha, the list master, wants us to make a list and check it twice of 10 Thanks…

So, here are my top 10 I want to say “thanks” for.

Thanks for…

1. The guy without whom none of this would be possible… my hubby.

2. The boy, who makes me laugh out loud more than most, who has started to cook with daddy, who does his chores without too much grumbling, who is the best big brother.

3. Middle, who loves fashion, One Direction, and for being my best photography model.

4. Little One, who impresses me daily with her knowledge and smarts, who “cooks” the best soups in her kitchen, who gives the best monkey hugs.

5. Becoming an American citizen this year, a step a long time coming, finally, happily taken.

6. Our backyard pool, for my almost daily exercise, for providing an oasis of coolness in this summer heat, and for alleviating hours of boredom for the kiddos now that camp is over.

7.The beach/ocean just minutes east of us, for sitting in the sand, relaxing, staring at the horizon and watching the waves wash ashore.

8. For sunsets and views like this… moments to get lost in.

9. My camera, to capture all these precious moments and smiles so I can share them, here, there and everywhere.

10. For today… for letting luck be with my girls and letting them catch fish after fish after fish… the haul included two catfish, which one of the neighbors took home to eat.

There are so many more people and things I’d say thanks for … my mom, all of you, stopping by here to read, to comment, to share… blogging, and the world it opened up to me… and on and on and on.

Thanks for everything!

What are your 10 Thanks? Why don’t you join Stasha and make a list to play along!

Comments

Wow, an amazing pool AND the beach? I would be thankful too! (I always assumed that pool was a public/apartment pool or something). And, I was wondering if you were a citizen, so that answers my question!

Your kids are SO cute. You do have a lot to be thankful for.

Thanks, Greta. We do have a community pool–it’s a bit bigger than ours… I’ll have to take some photos next time we go… right now, we are mostly hanging out in our own.

Very true indeed. I bask in the love of my children and family, it’s so very important and sad when you don’t have it or choose not to… As for catching dinner, meh, not so much. Our lakes aren’t exactly clean and I don’t know if I could eat what’s in there. But the neighbors were very happy with our catch!

I love your pictures! What wonderful things to be thankful for, apart from the obvious, becoming an american citizen! your pool! the ocean! sunsets! Lovely!

3. Ducky says

I love the expression you captured on your husband. What a fabulous photo!! Congrats on your citizenship. That’s fantastic!!! Just a wee bit jealous of the pool ;-)

For me, it was never really a question once we started this journey… really, just a matter of doing it. I’m happy and proud to be an American now!!! :)

I’m glad, I made you smile. Yes, I do have a wonderful life, even if some days are not as bright, but I try to always remember how lucky I am!

Your kids are adorable. I love that you live close to a beach ( like I do) and that you have a pool in your backyard. Oh how I wish we did too! I love that your choices for thankfulness are mostly your family♥.

5. Mom says

I have the most beautiful grand Kids, o.k. Big Boy you are handsome, but to me it’s the same. Love seeing you all so happy and thanks for the mentioned runner up.
    Love Mom

Yes, your grand kids are the best!!! And also, we need a few pictures of us together… I couldn’t find any in my current files!!! That needs to rectified asap!!! :)

Wonderful photos!!! Congrats on becoming an American citizen! That must have been a very proud moment for you. Also? The beach and sunset pictures are AWESOME!!! I wish I lived that close to a beach. :)

Thanks. Yeah, it’s been pretty hot… but we haven’t been able to enjoy the pool the last few days… too much rain and thunderstorms! :(

You are excused for not making a list… with company and sickness raining supreme in your house, you should be!!! :)