My Boy…

“Son, you outgrew my lap, but never my heart.” ~Unknown

It’s been a week of many new things,

more grown-up things.

The first locker at school,

learning how to open that lock.

A pierced ear,

because that seemed to be the thing to do.

Meetings for joining the golf team.

Trying on golf shoes,

in your mom’s shoe size.

A doctor’s check-up,

the news that you’ve grown three inches.

How did my baby, my first-born, my only son

grow into such a big boy?

Where does the time go?

Not a mischievous toddler anymore,

but a brainy middle schooler.

(Who got into some honors classes! Yes, this mommy is very proud. :) )

No matter your size,

I’ll love you,

always!!!

GFunkified

Linking up with Alison and Galit for Memories Captured and Bianca for Quotable Bits. Last but not least Greta of G*funk*ified for ippp.

Comments

1. Mom says

It hit me like a brick last week, how much my only Grandson has grown, it seems like yesterday that I was singing ” all of my love” to Conner and he liked it ( at least that’s what I tell myself). I wish him a perfect first year at Middle School. I’m the proudest Omi in whole wide world.

Oh my goodness. So many changes so fast! I’ll be a puddle on the floor when that happens to my oldest, I just know it. Your boy looks like an awesome big brother, and so sweet. Yay for honors and golf and lockers and pierced ears! Oh, and freckles!
    Greta @gfunkified recently posted..Back At It. #iPPPMy Profile

I do see the baby face in him still, especially the smiling picture of him. He was always so mischievous and the smile said it all.

I swear by next summer he’ll be as tall as me. I can’t believe how he shot up this year. And thanks, I hope so too.

Awwww, love it!
    My daughter is starting High School in three weeks – so I know how you feel :)
    He looks so grown up – I’m sure he’s gonna love middle school!
    Kerstin recently posted..FashionMy Profile

Thanks. My kids are actually at a private school. I’m not sure if they have lockers at the public middle schools around here.

I’m sorry to hear about the captcha… I’m pretty sure it’s set to it’s lowest level. Not sure I want to get rid of it completely.

It is bittersweet. And I’m glad I got some of these moments captured. Thank goodness for Instagram and my phone camera. :)