A birthday (or two), some dancing, and a broken shoe…

It’s Friday and it’s more than welcome… today, there is nothing on my calendar, no alerts, no appointments, nothing.

I get to pick the kids up at normal dismissal time to start our weekend together.

No weekend plans either, for any of us… just time spend at home. I may finally do some yard work. I’m hoping my green thumb will temporarily make an appearance!!! :)

The week started with a birthday, actually two… first my MIL and the next day our little angel.

She’s 4 now. Not so little anymore and she lets us know it.

She has opinions about everything, from wearing her new outfit, to posing for the camera, to what’s for dinner.

Oh yes, a blonde, blue eyed little angel – with a little devil lurking inside!

And we love every part of her.

Don’t you just love those shorts?

Middle had her last dance performance at the last middle school home game for now.

She’s sad.

She wants to keep going and we are hoping that practice will continue and the school approves the team for basketball season.

If not, Spring isn’t that far away and there’ll be plenty more dancing to do…

I love watching her, the big smile on her face, the enthusiasm in her movements, the sheer joy she exhibits when she dances.

It brings back memories…

As for me, I’ll get to do some shoe shopping this weekend.

For myself.

Seems that my shoes are on strike and in the last few weeks three pairs of my “good” flip flops broke.

The last pair broke yesterday, at the school, walking to the field for Middle’s performance.

Have you ever shuffled along in a broken flip flop? Yeah, it’s not fun.

But, as always, looking at the positive side of things… new shoes, for me, yippie!!! ;)

I just realized, I need to take a picture of my boy with his new trumpet.

He’s loving it and enjoying being a trumpeter in the school band.

I can’t wait for his first performance…

Linking up with My Time as Mom and MamaTrack!!!

Essence of Now

PR Checker

Comments

Thanks, Liz. I’m happy that it comes across contended…it’s important for me to sit back and realize my good fortunes!!! That’s why I love blogging, it makes me really take a look at my here and now and see the good!!! :)

Your girls are so very cute. Hope your daughter and their team gets to dance away at the basketball games. And my daughter started the trumpet too this fall. She loves it. And I love seeing her tiny body blowing away on that big horn.

I always wanted to be a cheerleader! Your girls are adorable and how cool that your son is playing an instrument. I remember my clarinet … poor people who had to listen to me practice and play. Oh, the good old days!

Happy shoe shopping!

I’m actually very impressed with how well he’s doing. I think, it helps that daddy still remembers how to play! I’m sure in a few years she will be a full fledged cheerleader… I can see it now!!! ;)

Those shorts are so adorable. Happy birthday to your girl! Four is such a fun (and exhausting age)!

I love that picture of your dancer. How awesome that she gets to do something she loves so much.

I can’t wait to see pics of the trumpeter! Band was a huge part of middle school for me…I loved it.
    Greta recently posted..Project 365: Week 39My Profile

I am a little behind but wanted to comment and let you know that I am still here! :-) Happy Belated birthday to your princess and she indeed is adorable! I love the shorts and the pics are all so lovely!!! Hope your week is filled with great things!
    Beth Ann Chiles recently posted..Friday Fun Again!My Profile

What is it about those blonde and blue eyed angels-liv devils? I got two here myself, and they seem to feed off one another! I could stay in pj’s all day, so I am not sure how I ended up with 2 fashion crazy girls who will not leave their bedroom until they are dressed for the day! And I don’t dare argue with their choice of “ensemble” — that’s a battle I’ll never win. Zoo Zoo wore her swimsuit and ballet slippers one entire day!! LOL
    Sounds like a nice weekend planned :)
    Rorybore recently posted..4 Fill In & 8 yrs GoneMy Profile

Little One still like to be in pj’s for as long as she can but when she does get dressed it can get crazy. I don’t even argue with Middle anymore… unless I feel it isn’t age appropriate. She’s really into 80’s fashion right now… a little mini Madonna in the making!!! :)

Broken shoes aren’t fun to walk in but they do mean new shoes which is always awesome!

Happy birthday to your big 4 year old. They do grow up so fast.

Jessica, can you believe I haven’t made it to the shoe store yet. I can’t wait to go. It’s true, they grow up way too fast.