The beginning of another week.
And the only thing I like about Mondays is joining Stasha and making a list for her.
Today’s all about compliments.
I wasn’t sure which way to go with this one.
I don’t take compliments easily and never quite know what to say other than “Thank you.”
As I was browsing around the interwebs I got an idea.
Why not combine my love for lists and quotes and give you a list of 10 compliment quotes.
1) We are prepared for insults, but compliments leave us baffled. ~ Mason Cooley
2) Flattery…. gets its kicks by flirting with insult and ridicule. ~ Willis Goth Regier
3) Pay with compliments and you will always be wealthy. ~ Mike Dolan
4) I can live for two months on a good compliment. ~Mark Twain
5) What flatterers say, try to make true. ~German Proverb
6) There is no effect more disproportionate to its cause than the happiness bestowed by a small compliment. ~Robert Brault
7) Do not offer a compliment and ask a favor at the same time. A compliment that is charged for is not valuable. ~ Mark Twain
8) Nothing makes people so worthy of compliments as receiving them. One is more delightful for being told one is delightful — just as one is more angry for being told one is angry. ~ Katherine F. Gerould
9) It is great to get praise from the lips of taciturnity. ~John Addington Symonds
10) Modesty is the only sure bait when you angle for praise. ~Lord Chesterfield
Other posts you may like!
Latest posts by Susi (see all)
- Thanksgiving fun and fill ins… - November 28, 2014
- Cotton Candy “Crush” – Oktoberfest in Casselberry Pt. 1(Wordless Wednesday) - November 25, 2014
- iPhone Photo Dump - November 24, 2014