I’ve been sitting here for most of the morning trying to come up with something for today’s post. Instead, I’m staring at the computer, browsing on Facebook and Twitter and generally not being productive. Well, I did most of my morning chores and got a walk in.
Part of the problem is my head, it doesn’t feel quite attached or like it’s wrapped in a bubble… think I got a little too close to my girlies last week when they were sick. My throat hurts, my nose is runny and I feel like I’m in a fog. Yup, got another head cold it seems. Yay for me.
10 ways I am different (or not) than my younger self:
1. I have short, very short hair now. My mom keeps this picture of me with my hair down past my shoulders and wavy thanks to a long ago perm!
2. I speak a different language at home now. I grew up in Germany, speaking German and now live in the US and speak mostly English in my daily life.
3. I don’t bite my nails anymore. At least, not too much and never down to the quick like I used to growing up.
4. I eat all kinds of exotic foods now. Growing up in heartland Germany we ate a very “boring” diet compared to all the exotic foods I have access to now.
5. I don’t listen to Techno anymore and haven’t in quite some time. I used to go to the dance clubs every weekend, Fridays and Saturdays sometimes and dance the night away.
6. I still love to read. I have always liked to read and still have a love for all kinds of books. I wish I had more time to enjoy reading though!
7. I’m an American citizen now. Growing up, until January this year, I was a German citizen.
8. I still love eating chocolate. Give me a bar of Milka milk chocolate and I’m a happy camper.
9. I still love drinking tea. But now it’s rooibus or chai instead of chamomile and peppermint!
10. I weigh less now, after giving birth to three children, then I did at my senior prom! And yes, I’m very happy about that.