Silken Webs

Wordless Wednesday

Comments

You are right. I love seeing them when the sun hits them and they sparkle just a bit. But I walk through too many of them at night when we are out walking the dogs… I do NOT like that at all!!! :)
      Susi recently posted..Silken WebsMy Profile

Hilary, I walk through one almost daily. They are everywhere here and at night you can’t see them. So yeah, I know what you mean. YUCK, is right!!!! :)
      Susi recently posted..Silken WebsMy Profile

I love spiderwebs. They remind me of the tropical jungles in the Philippines. When I was younger, we used to try and catch the biggest spider we could find and have them fight on a stick. The first spider to fall off the stick loses. We kept our “prize” spiders in matchboxes. Ah….childhood memories…. Of course, we had to know which spiders were poisonous or not, you know? But in all my childhood, I’ve never heard of anyone getting bit (or even dying) by a spider. :)

Around here though, I’m scared of spiders. I can kill them easily enough, but I just don’t know if they’re poisonous or not. I guess that’s why I’m a little scared. There are black widows in my part of the state. I’m always concerned that one of my kids will get bit one of these days…

GORGEOUS pics of webs! I love spider webs, and have wanted to photograph them forever. It’s either always too dark or un-photographable. These are awesome!!
    Sandra recently posted..Dear Mummy JarsMy Profile

I have had a hard time photographing spiderwebs as well. This seemed to be the right time the way the sun hit it. My new camera may have helped too!!!! :)

Thanks, Carolyn. I’ve been playing with all the different settings and am having so much fun. i think, it really helped me that I had a micro 4/3 before this one. Made the switch easier somehow. Good luck on figuring out your camera… just go for it. It’s fun!!! :)