Picture Perfect Weekly #26 {A windy edition}

October 27, 2012

I love to share photos and I love Instagram. I was one happy little blogger when Instagram became available on Android devices. I jumped, no leaped, on that particular social media bandwagon and have developed a new love affair/addiction with it. Because of this love affair I have decided to start my very own weekly link up called… Picture Perfect Weekly!!!
I would love it if you would join me and share the treasures you captured with Instagram/phone camera/any other camera during the past week. I see a lot of fantastic, cute, funny and happy moments every day.

Share just one or many of your pictures and add a small description.

Just paste the badge into your post or sidebar and follow me… quick and simple. You can find me on Facebook, Twitter and of course, Instagram!

I look forward to seeing your treasured moments!!!

My week in Instagram pics:

Another week over. Another week that brought new things.

I tried raw oysters for the very first time this week! Something, I swore to myself I would never eat. But you know how that saying goes? “Never, say never!!!” It certainly proved true for me… we went to our favorite Japanese restaurant and had an assortment of raw seafood… starting with raw Kumomoto oysters (delish), raw abalone (my fave of the night) and raw giant clam and of course, a stable for us every time we go there now, raw scallop (to die for)!!! I love this place, always something new to try and just so well prepared.

We also did some baking and tried the first cupcake recipe out of Little One’s new princess baking recipe book. I’m planning on going through all the recipes and sharing them. Such cute ideas in that book.

The boy was modeling the newest fashions in video game head gear — little sister’s baby doll carrier!!! 😉 And he also got a new Lego set in honor of the season and as usual was finished much too fast. May I present the Vampyre Hearse!

Thursday afternoon after lunch with great-grandma and Little One posing in the landscaping, we had to go pick the big kids up early from school in preparation for Hurricane Sandy passing by close to shore. All in all, not too bad, rain on and off and very windy conditions. The girls’ hair was flying everywhere while we were out walking the dogs. Hubby decided to take advantage of the dreary, overcast skies and pressure clean the pool deck. It needed it and this way he wasn’t working in the blazing sun. It looks nice and clean and fresh now.

I also, finally, managed to get our Halloween decorations out this past Monday, quite early for me. As good as I am about decorating for the Holidays, Halloween is never big on my list. But I think, I did pretty good this year and the kids are very happy!

My girls had a blast today at their friend’s birthday party… they spent close to 5 hours on the bounce house/water slide combination and only took short breaks for cake and some pizza! I’d call that a success. They are pooped and have been asleep for a few hours already. I’ve been enjoying the quiet!!! 🙂

How about you? What have you been up to this week? Care to share?

I also want to take a moment and tell all my readers and bloggy friends who are in the path of Hurricane Sandy/Frankenstorm that I hope, you all stay safe and the damage won’t be as bad as expected. I’ll be thinking of you. Also, door’s always open if you’d like to come here for a few days and enjoy the sunshine!!!

BocaFrau

• Hilary October 28, 2012 at 6:48 am

i was scared of the raw oyster / clam the first time I had them but now LOVE them both!

• Susi October 28, 2012 at 11:03 pm

I do enjoy the raw clams quite a bit. I did have a few of the oysters and will probably try them again not sure if they will be on my favorite list though!!! 🙂 Stay safe.

• Kimberly October 28, 2012 at 7:58 am

Come to think of it. I don’t think that I’ve ever had oysters either. I’ve had muscles. Those are so good.
    Happy Sunday.
    The pictures are full of happy!

• Susi October 28, 2012 at 11:02 pm

I agree, Kimberly. I love mussels. Lately, my favorite ones have been at a great Greek restaurant here. Delish!

• Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell October 28, 2012 at 8:00 pm

I’m glad you mentioned what he was wearing on his head because I couldn’t for the life of me figure that out!

• Susi October 28, 2012 at 11:00 pm

Liz, I figured I would say what it was. It’s so hard to tell! 😉

• Kerry October 28, 2012 at 10:26 pm

What a beautiful gesture!! I too hope everyone stays safe…
    Cute pictures and good luck with your new link-up Susi!!
    I am unfortunately going to continue saying ‘never’ when it comes to trying oysters, I just don’t think I could bring myself to do it lol
    Have a wonderful week!!!

• Susi October 28, 2012 at 10:59 pm

Thanks, Kerry. Not so new anymore. 🙂 I didn’t think I could do the oysters either. I think, it helped that I had them with a special wasabi sauce.

• Kerry October 28, 2012 at 10:29 pm

I can’t see my comment here but it is telling me I have posted it…can you see it?

• Susi October 28, 2012 at 10:58 pm

Kerry, very strange. A bunch of my comments went to the spam folder and they were NOT spam. Weird…

• Janice October 30, 2012 at 2:08 am

I’ve never had raw oysters. I’m too scared.
    But I love those shots of the muffins (cupcakes?) and the baby doll hat! 😉

• Susi October 31, 2012 at 9:01 am

Janice, they are cupcakes according to my girls. They should know, they baked them!!! And they are very particular. 🙂

• Rorybore October 30, 2012 at 10:47 pm

raw oysters…not sure I could do it. I have had mussels though…is it much different?
    I did have some sushi while on my conference though. It was pretty good. Not sure I’d order it all the time, but it was still pretty good.
    Love the gaming head-gear! too funny.
    Also glad to hear you are safe and sound! xo

• Susi October 31, 2012 at 9:00 am

I love sushi, well, really sashimi (no rice) and could possibly eat it every day!!! Oysters are a bit different than mussels… can’t really explain it. They are weird and good at the same time. 🙂 Have a Happy Halloween!