Picture Perfect Weekly #27 {The day trip edition}

November 3, 2012

I love to share photos and I love Instagram. I was one happy little blogger when Instagram became available on Android devices. I jumped, no leaped, on that particular social media bandwagon and have developed a new love affair/addiction with it. Because of this love affair I have decided to start my very own weekly link up called… Picture Perfect Weekly!!!
I would love it if you would join me and share the treasures you captured with Instagram/phone camera/any other camera during the past week. I see a lot of fantastic, cute, funny and happy moments every day.

Share just one or many of your pictures and add a small description.

Just paste the badge into your post or sidebar and follow me… quick and simple. You can find me on Facebook, Twitter and of course, Instagram!

I look forward to seeing your treasured moments!!!

This is my day in Instagram pics:

Sometimes, a change of plans leads to something wonderful. Thus was the case with our Saturday. Middle was supposed to have her friend sleepover last night and the boy was on the fence about going to his school’s homecoming dance. But plans changed and there was no sleepover. After middle was done with her round of pouting we decided to go to the Wings over Homestead airshow at the Airforce Reserve Base in Homestead, Florida today.

We got up, got ready to go and were out of the house before 10 AM which is an uncommon occurrence for us on the weekends, unless we have plans. The day was gorgeous… a cloudless, blue sky, the sun shining bright, and a gentle breeze blowing.

I always love seeing our military might up close and personal. Seeing the sleek F-22 Raptor (top right) or a F-15 Eagle and talking to a female pilot who has been in the cockpit of one of these babies for 7 years is amazing. The stunt flights are mind-boggling and heart-stopping. My belly was doing flips every time I saw a plane nose dive or do a cork screw in the air. I got to sit inside a military Humvee and talk to a Iraq veteran and thank him personally for putting his life on the line so we can do what we do every day.

The sun was beating down on us, there were people everywhere and we walked for what seemed like miles. The kids got cranky and tired and yet, I enjoyed every minute of our time at the AFB Homestead.

Since we were close to Key Largo we decided to end our day with a scrumptious seafood dinner at the Fish House in Key Largo. It is by far our favorite Florida seafood restaurant. Hubby has been going there for nearly 30 years. The lobster bisque is absolutely divine and don’t get me started on their key lime pie.

After the week we had, this was just what I needed. A day with the family, no rushing around and no schedule to keep.

We pulled back into the drive way just after sundown… exhausted but happy.

And I capped off my day with a leisurely soak in the tub. Heaven!!! 🙂

So, what have you been up to?

BocaFrau

• Amanda November 4, 2012 at 12:14 am

How fun! My three year old is very into planes right now – would love for him to see some “in action.”

• Susi November 4, 2012 at 2:41 pm

It’s awesome. I’ve been going through my pics and will post some on my other blog soon. Stay tuned!!! 🙂

• AnnMarie November 4, 2012 at 8:19 am

So jealous! The smile on your face is priceless and says it all. A day with the family doing something that maybe wasn’t all the way planned. I love it and I miss it. This has inspired me to do something (anything) with just my family.

• Susi November 4, 2012 at 2:40 pm

Thanks, AnnMarie. These type of trips are by far my favorite and I love getting away just the five of us. 🙂

• Kimberly November 4, 2012 at 8:32 am

Love it.
    We had an air show 2 years ago. It was awesome. My brother works at the airport so we got special little perks 😉

• Susi November 4, 2012 at 2:39 pm

We go to air shows a lot. Hubby and the boy were in Cocoa Beach a while back for the airshow there. We used to go every year on our anniversary weekend… but our local airshow was gone for a few years. Now it’s back and I told hubby I want to go to see the Blue Angels. 🙂

• Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell November 4, 2012 at 3:52 pm

It wasn’t until recently that I realized I would enjoy a show like that. I’m going to follow your lead and find one. When I see them fly overhead, I’m so impressed. I want to see what they can really do!

• Susi November 4, 2012 at 11:32 pm

It’s amazing watching them. I love the Blue Angels… they do awesome things with those fighter jets.

• Rorybore November 4, 2012 at 4:12 pm

my boy was loving the fighter jet pictures! he went to an airshow around here once and just loved it!

I am sure there was more I had to say….but now I’m stuck on thinking about Key Lime Pie. 🙂

• Susi November 4, 2012 at 11:32 pm

Oh, I could tell you stories about that Key lime pie, Les. It’s the best of the best. I’m not kidding. 🙂

• The Informal Matriarch November 4, 2012 at 9:45 pm

Nice photos! I love instagram a lot too!!!

• Susi November 4, 2012 at 11:31 pm

Leah, thank you for stopping by. 🙂

• Karen November 5, 2012 at 6:16 am

Looks like a fun day. We’ve been running around way too much with my brother visiting, and I am trying to get some blog posts written about that. Next weekend is a sit around and do nothing weekend. Have a great week!

• Susi November 5, 2012 at 9:03 am

Karen, as much as I love being on the go and doing things with the family, I do savor the weekends we can just sit and relax and not be a slave to a schedule!

• Kate F. (@katefineske) November 5, 2012 at 6:43 am

OK, here is my 1st feeble (and late!) attempt to link up… see my comment back to you that you left on my post 🙂

It looks like you had fun at the air show? My husband and I are making a trip to St. Pete’s next week for a short vacation and I CAN’T WAIT! 🙂

• Susi November 5, 2012 at 9:02 am

Kate, I saw the comment.:) You are not late. I usually post the link up late Saturday night and have it open for a week. I think, I have to change my feed subscriber since feedburner got rid of something. I haven’t decided who to go with yet. Maybe that’s why my posts show up funky… Wish I could come over to the west coast and say Hi. Hope you guys have a great weekend!!! 🙂

• TBM November 6, 2012 at 3:09 am

Sounds like a fun day and a soak in the tub–that sounds even better.

• Susi November 6, 2012 at 8:22 pm

It was a great day with a nice relaxing ending.