A Birthday, An Anniversary and Some Fill In Fun

January 10, 2013

It’s been a busy week for me. I spent a good part of the first three days steam-cleaning all the carpets in the house, including the stairs. It’s nice and shiny and clean. I hope, it stays that way for a little while. It may be wishful thinking, with 3 children, a husband, 2 dogs and a cat running around on it. 🙂 I’ve been in cleaning/de-cluttering/freshening mode ever since the new year started and it seems our urge to rearrange the living room keeps snowballing and bringing up other things I want to get done. Yes, I’m doing my “Spring” cleaning in January — that’s what living in Florida does to you.

And just like I’m giving the house a once over for the year, it seems my blog home was due for a fresher cleaner look, as well. And while I was rearranging things here, a lot of fresh, new ideas came to me. I hope, to put them to fruition soon. Did you like my how to post from yesterday? Would you like to see more like it? Yay, nay… or maybe?

Today happens to be a very special day. It’s this guy’s birthday! ↓

hubs happy birthday 2013

And also the one year anniversary of yours truly becoming an American citizen. I can’t quite believe that it’s been a year. On the whole not much has changed in my day to day life because of it. I was able to vote for the first time last year and that one is a big deal to me as I saw a few elections come and go without being able to make my voice count. Well, no more of that now! Happy one year anniversary to me. 🙂

*************************************************************************************************************

Ok, time to join Hilary for some Friday fun. Come on, you can too, it’s easy piecey!

Each week, Hilary plans on listing four statements with a blank for us to fill in on your own blogs. If you want to join the fun and come up with four fill in’s of your own, please email them to her at Hilary(at)feelingbeachie(dot)com. I really, really, REALLY can use statements…. If she uses them, she will add you as co-host to the hop! This week’s co-host is Leslie from Time out for Mom – she came up with the last statement!

Hilary would LOVE it if you could please help her spread the word about this hop…. So, please tweet, FaceBook share, and add the linky to your post…

This week’s statements:
1. When I __ I ___
2. It is pretty funny that ____
3. It may be strange but ___
4. How ______ made me ______.

My answers:

1. When I eat sushi and drink (a little bit) of sake I turn into a very happy mommy.

2. It is pretty funny that I can’t seem to come up with a funny answer for this statement! Ha! 🙂

3. It may be strange but I much prefer a hot cup of Rooibus tea over a glass of wine.

4. How much I love watching “Downton Abbey” made me realize that I haven’t really liked watching any show since ER went off the air.

Photobucket

• Tami January 11, 2013 at 8:44 am

Happy Birthday to your guy!
    I want to buy a steamer. It sounds like it woks wonders!!!
    Have a great weekend!

• Susi January 11, 2013 at 10:33 am

Tami, I can highly recommend the Bissell steamers. (Hello, free adverting!) I have used them for years and have never bought a different brand! Thanks for the birthday wishes.

• AnnMarie January 11, 2013 at 9:20 am

Happy Birthday to your hubby and Happy Anniversary to you! I’m in the same mode of rearranging and decluttering. It feels good but is a little overwhelming. As far as what kind of posts you should write, whatever you decide, I will be reading. 🙂

• Susi January 11, 2013 at 10:32 am

AnnMarie you rock. Thanks for being here and thanks for the birthday wishes! And yes, it does get a little overwhelming with everything else going on.

• Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell January 11, 2013 at 9:32 am

I love your blog header; it’s so pretty!!! Happy Birthday to your hubby too!

• Susi January 11, 2013 at 10:31 am

Thank you so much, Liz. I am always trying out new things and when others like it that makes it so much sweeter!

• Rorybore January 11, 2013 at 11:32 am

I cannot wait for Downtown Abbey to come on our Canada Netflix! (we only get about 20% of the content the USA does right now.)
    I never thought I’d admit to preferring a cup of tea in the evening over that glass of wine. but with 3 kids that could require my attention At Any Minute: it’s just a buzzkiller anyway! ha
    Off to check out that how to post!

• Susi January 11, 2013 at 8:38 pm

I just finished Season 2 of Downton Abbey and it’s already on Amazon Prime so I can keep up with Season 3 that way. Really love that show! 🙂

• Rorybore January 12, 2013 at 2:56 pm

forgot my manners! Love the fresh new look! 🙂

• Susi January 13, 2013 at 12:05 am

Thanks so much. I have to say I’m pretty happy with it! 🙂

• Janice January 11, 2013 at 1:55 pm

I love the new look! It does look fresh, streamlined, ad clean. Totally focuses on your content. Great job! I’ve been thinking of a fresher look for my mommy blog too. Stay tuned…

And congratulations on your 1 year citizen anniversary! How cool. Someday maybe I’ll have that celebration too. I guess I have to apply first! Haha! No worries, I’m legal! Got me my Resident Alien card, I do. 😀

And happy birthday to your main squeeze too. Hope today will be awesome!

• Susi January 11, 2013 at 8:36 pm

Thanks, Janice… all around. You don’t know how happy your comment makes me. It’s exactly what I was going for! 🙂

• Megan Broutian January 12, 2013 at 7:47 pm

I loved your how-to post and would love to see more of them, so that’s a big YAY!

• Susi January 13, 2013 at 12:04 am

Awesome. I’ll try my best to come up with more. I do like to share things that make life easier! 🙂