Today, the children are home from school because of severe flooding at their school and surrounding area. If you follow me on Facebook or Instagram, you may have seen some of the images I posted. Here is a link to some of the images people sent to the local news station. Numbers 4,6,19 and 20 are at the kids’ school. Number 8 is at the major intersection right by the school… If you look at image number 49, you’ll see hubby’s car which is #4 in line, the first car, a caravan, was apparently driven by a “soccer mom” who cut off hubby twice and had a phone to her ear the entire time, paying no attention to what was going on around her! Being cut off in water that deep is no walk in the park and most of all dangerous – sometimes, people make me shake my head and wonder. Luckily, we live further west of that area and so far have not had any major flooding. More heavy rain and thunderstorms are expected this afternoon…
These are two photos I took yesterday from the safe, and most of all dry, opening of my front door. It rained like this for hours and hours…
And now, as always on Friday, time to join Hilary for the Follow Friday Four Fill in Fun blog hop!
This week’s statements:
1. Sometimes I wonder _____ yet.
2. I try not to but I get___ very____
3. Today I promise that I will _____________ until I ____________________
4. In my dreams I ______________ and sometimes _____________.
1. Sometimes I wonder why I haven’t lost my mind yet!
2. I try not to but I get teary-eyed very easily.
3. Today I promise that I will put worry aside and concentrate on my kids until I put them to bed tonight.
4. In my dreams I often see myself in Germany talking to my grandma and sometimes I wake up with a smile on my face and then get sad when I realize that she’s gone!