Some random thoughts:
* We made it through the first full week of (early) football practice. Our days are a bit off kilter because we have to pick up middle daughter at 3:15 pm and then the boy not until 5:30. It’s quite a bit of driving and turning around but once we are home we are home. No rushing around for dinner and then back out for night time practice. Hubby and I are taking turns picking up the boy and cooking dinner – a win win in my book!
* On Tuesday morning, I got a phone call from my mom that I really didn’t want. My baby sister is in the hospital and had to have her appendix removed. I know, it’s not a huge thing, nothing too serious but I can’t help but worry about her with her so far away. There is nothing I can do to help her because she’s all the way in Germany. I wish, I could help out, you know, watch my niece, do a load of laundry or cook some dinner for her and the family. Yesterday, I spent most of the day texting with her to keep her “company”. My brother-in-law is watching their little girl and can’t stay in the hospital too long, so she is alone. I was never more thankful for smartphones and technology. I miss her so much right now.
* Today, would have been my grandma’s 74th birthday and I’ve been thinking about her all day. She’s been gone for almost 4 years now and sometimes, I still can’t believe she’s gone. She died so young and so unexpectedly… I’m grateful for all the good memories I have and hold on to those, on days like this!
* I finished reading Scary Mommy by fellow blogger Jill Smokler today and it’s so worth a read if you’d like a lighter look at motherhood. I found myself chuckling along at a lot of the anecdotes and happy knowing that I’m not the only mom struggling with certain things.
And now time to join Hilary for some Friday Fill in Fun!
This week’s statements:
1. If ___ then____
2. ____ is my ___ of the ____
3. Once, I was surprised to find myself __________________.
4. To keep from going crazy, I _________.
1. If I wasn’t so tired then I would read a few more pages of the new book I started tonight. Thanks, T.
2. Morning is my worst time of the day.
3. Once, I was surprised to find myself sitting on the bleachers, watching my son’s football practice.
4. To keep from going crazy, I lock myself in my bathroom for a relaxing bubble bath and a good book.