Struggle

May 29, 2013

I struggle…

– with things — big things, little things

– with thoughts — serious thoughts, silly thoughts

– with family dynamics

– and family drama

– with opening up

but keeping some things private

with caring too much what others think/perceive about me

with keeping up appearances

– with loneliness — but wanting to be alone sometimes

– with always trying to be positive.

life quote Robert Frost

Like everyone else…

I have good days and bad days.

I have insecurities and worries.

But no matter what, I know that life goes on

and that as long as I keep on believing in good things,

in positive things,

and try to do the best I can, be the best I can be,

but also give myself a break from time to time,

things will turn out okay.

And just like the quote says:

Life goes on!

[* I’ve been feeling a little contemplative the last few days. It might be all this rainy and gloomy weather making me more introspective. Part of it may be some things I’ve been reading, and thinking and reflecting about. But it’s also a step in that direction of sharing a bit more about myself. I generally try to keep things light and positive here and I often wonder what impression that gives people (there is is again – worrying about what others think). I do have a good life, don’t get me wrong, and I appreciate what I have, but I too have my struggles. I always like to say: It’s not always rainbows and butterflies!]

signature

• Kerstin @ Auer Life May 29, 2013 at 11:40 pm

I’m so with you on this!
    We currently have lots of family drama and I want to share, but what is that going to change? Some things you have to just work through for yourself – it’s still good to know you’re not alone with this…
    Kerstin @ Auer Life recently posted..Just another school dayMy Profile

• Susi May 30, 2013 at 4:06 pm

Kerstin, I so agree with you. I know, that in the big scheme of things, things aren’t so bad. It is what it is and somehow or other it will get dealt with.

• Nicolette Springer May 30, 2013 at 12:04 am

I hear you. Family drama is the worst. I’m continuously surprised by how badly people treat each other, especially those they are related to. Sending hugs and I hope it gets better soon.

P.S. I owe you an email. I’ll FB you about setting up another chat for next week.
    Nicolette Springer recently posted..{Guest Post} Great ExpectationsMy Profile

• Susi May 30, 2013 at 4:03 pm

Nicolette, thanks for the hugs. No worries about the e-mail. I know, you are busy and sometimes time just gets away from us!

• Sarah K. May 30, 2013 at 12:20 am

Whew. Family drama. That was one of the few good things about us moving 600 miles away from our families, we’re not involved in the drama anymore. Sort of sad that it would be like that.

I struggle “with being completely open but keeping some things private” too. It is hard sometimes to know what to share. I have some secrets that I wish sometimes I could share to get off my chest but then if I do, they’ll be out there forever.

Just know you’re not alone in your struggles. I’m thinking good thoughts for you.
    Sarah K. recently posted..The 2000 Things ChallengeMy Profile

• Susi May 30, 2013 at 4:01 pm

Thanks, Sarah. It seems that sometimes distance is a good thing – not always, but sometimes.

• Debbie May 30, 2013 at 1:13 am

You are definitely not alone! I can relate to all except the last two. (Never cared much about either of those). Family drama has been front and centre for a couple of years now and it’s still ongoing. I’m pretty open but do keep some things to myself.
    Hope your struggles will ease up very soon!
    Debbie recently posted..#8sunday WEEKEND WRITING WARRIORS; MAY 26/13My Profile

• Susi May 30, 2013 at 3:58 pm

Thanks, Debbie. Family drama sure can sap all the energy out of you. And I do believe there is nothing wrong with wanting to keep some things private.

• TBM May 30, 2013 at 6:20 am

Yes I hear you on this. Life isn’t easy and you’ve listed some of the reasons why.

• Susi May 30, 2013 at 3:55 pm

Life sure is a crazy journey and it’s what we make of it that determines how easy or hard it is, I think.

• Alison May 30, 2013 at 10:14 pm

Susi, I get this.
    Especially with writing and sharing on the blog. It is ultimately our own space, so we should be free to write what we want.
    But, there are the people who are reading. And as much as we say, we write for ourselves, we also write for an audience. As writers who put their hearts out there, what this audience thinks, do matter.
    Having said that, sometimes writing and publishing something different from the usual, may elicit a response you didn’t expect, support from unexpected places, and love from all corners.
    Be brave.
    And much love to you. I hope the struggles are impermanent and resolved soon.
    Alison recently posted..Spreading LoveMy Profile