It’s that time of month again. Time for you – the mom – to get in front of the camera instead of hiding behind it.
Every month, on the 15th, Nicolette
and I, with a rotating third co-host, ask you to turn that camera on yourself and share with us what you’ve captured. This month, our co-host is Melinda from Marshmallow Mudpie
This monthly challenge really helps me get in the picture with my kids. My girls never mind and are ready with a pose as soon as the camera is turned their way. My boy on the other hand, is not so easy to catch these days. He goes into hiding as soon as he sees the lens pointed his way. I got these shots yesterday, on our little outing
. It wasn’t easy and hubby did his best to get a few shots in. As you can see, we did have fun during the process. The boy sure is good for some fun.
This one was a moment too. A rare one. I got all three of my chicks together with their mama. And yes, it’s silly, the boy is making a face, but it’s going to be a picture like this that will make me smile years down the road when all my chicks have flown the coop.
Love this collage of us being silly after another fun pool swim. I really love using the PhotoGrid app
, even more now that you can add filters to each photo individually. I love these mother-daughter times, especially when the girls are happy and get along.
Another one of ALL my girls (yes, I’m including middle’s bestie – she’s part of the family, after all). We seem to be taking a lot of pictures in the pool, by the pool and around the pool. Ah, the joys of summer.
I took this one the last Monday morning of the last week of camp. I wanted to commemorate the end of these 9 weeks in some small way and this was it.
And this last one… I love it. I love looking at it and remembering the fun times I had with my little girl while big sister was away visiting Omi for a week. I love that I took these pictures and decided to re-institute our evening walks again. We haven’t been going every night but we have been going and it’s been great. I love watching my girls and the joy they have in their eyes (and hearts) by enjoying the simple things like the ducks crossing the road in a straight line or the pretty colors of the sky while the sun sets.
And now. Now it’s your turn. Your turn to show us your pretty faces in front of the camera!!! Don’t have a blog? No problem. Look at #2 down below for other ways to link up with us.
How to join us: You can do either #1 or #2 below or both.
- Link up your picture on one of our blogs. If you have a blog then add a link to your post. If not, then add a link to your Facebook photo, Instagram feed, or Twitter handle. Not sure how to find the link to your photo(s) on social media? It’s super easy. I wrote two posts to show you how: How to get a link to a photo on Instagram and Twitter and How to get a link to a picture on Facebook.
- Post your photo on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and add the #focusonmom to the description.We are going to use the #focusonmom across all social media to make this challenge as accessible as possible. What does that mean? You don’t need to have a blog to join us. All you need is an account with either Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
- Spread the word and Follow Us! If you follow us on Twitter (Nicolette / Susi / Melinda), Facebook (Nicolette / Susi /Melinda) and/or Instagram (Nicolette / Susi / Melinda) it will be easier to share our reminder posts and for us to share your posts as well.
- Encourage others. Starting the 15th of each month click the hashtag on any of social media sites to see the pics shared. Show some love, make some new friends and support other women who have taken the time to get in front of the camera.
- Link Back. Please mention this challenge in your post and link back to one of our blogs.