Before I get to the Friday hop and full-fill my co-host duties I’d like to share a few random thoughts.
- The other night, as I was setting the dinner table, Little One saw me put out the Pooh Bear plate. It’s a dinner sized, plastic plate for kids. We’ve had it since the boy was little and I’ve always used it for the munchkins! Well, Little One wasn’t having any of it – she looked at me and said in a very snippy tone: “Mom, I’m not a baby, why do you always give me that plate? Why can’t you treat me like a 4 year old and not like a three year old?” Needless to say, she’s been eating off a regular dinner plate ever since!!! 🙂
- We’ve survived the first week of school. It’s been an easy week, not too much homework yet and not too much craziness either. I’m hopeful that by next week most of the issues with car line will be ironed out – that has been a little confusing and blood pressure spiking, thanks to the moms in their giant SUVs that think the rules don’t apply to them. Yes, I mean you, with the Land Rover and MA plates, who managed to cut me off three times in the same line and almost hit me!!! Not nice.
- Little One has had a fantastic week, and her teacher can’t stop gushing about her. It makes my heart happy to know that Little One is doing great and doesn’t have any issues. Her teacher told me you would never know that she hasn’t been to daycare/preschool before this; she’s polite, gets along with everyone and follows the rules. I couldn’t be prouder.
- It’s been hit and miss for me this week and my feelings about all my chicks being gone for the day. I think, Wednesday was actually worse than Monday. Seeing their happy faces at the end of the day and all the stories they have to tell, helps a lot. I also think, that once I’ve figured out what’s next for me, things will get much better. Even so I have a million and one things to occupy my time, I feel at loose ends ever since I’ve been home from working summer camp. I just have to remember this: “One day at a time!!!”
So now it’s time for some Friday fill in fun with Hilary and myself as co-host for this week’s blog hop fun.
Each week, Hilary posts four statements with blanks for us to fill in on our own blogs. The last two statements came from me this week, hence my duties as your lucky co-host!!! 🙂
Please, help Hilary out with new statements by e-mailing her your ideas. If she uses them, you’ll be made co-host.
This week’s statements:
- I love to ____
- When I ____ I am _____
- I love to listen to ______ because it makes me feel _____
- I never thought I would ____ after ____
- I love to listen to my kids play with each other when they think no one is paying attention.
- When I am home taking care of my kids and family I am happiest.
- I love to listen to the rain at night because it makes me feel relaxed and sleepy.
- I never thought I would ride a school bus again after finishing school.