Happy Friday everyone! As I’m sitting here trying to get this post finished I hear the incessant buzzing of the pressure cleaner right through the dining room window. Hubby is pressure washing our pool deck in anticipation of my family’s arrival tomorrow. I will start on my chores when I’m done here. Fun times… 🙂
I hope you all had a great week and have fun things planned for this weekend. I see pool fun, barbecues and possibly some bowling and turtles in our future – as long as the weather plays along and we won’t get rained out. So far the forecast looks just fine!
Hubby spent most of this week sick and the boy followed right behind – he just woke up from a nyQuil induced sleep and sounded horrible. Yay, for back to school and fall – it seems to be the name of the game.
Before I get started on the Friday fill ins I just wanted to share some exciting news about our lovely hostess Hilary. She published her first book “Dangled Carat” yesterday and being as excited as I was I just had to go ahead and buy a copy right away. It’s the first time I’ve read a book where I actually know a lot of the characters and it adds a whole new dimension to the experience.
For more info and to stay up to date on all the latest exciting news regarding the book, you can follow Hilary’s Dangled Carat Facebook page.
Hilary, I wish you lots of luck and success with your book and I’m so incredibly happy for you that your dream finally came true!!! xoxo
Each week, Hilary plans on listing four statements with a blank for us to fill in on our own blogs. If you want to join the fun and come up with four fill in’s of your own, please email them to her. If she uses them, she will add you as co-host to the hop! This week’s co-host is Pam from Tropppetrie– she came up with the last two statements! Hilary REALLY, REALLY, REALLY NEEDS SOME STATEMENTS!
She would LOVE it if you could please help her spread the word about this hop…. So, please tweet, FaceBook share, and add the linky to your post…
This week’s statements:
1) ____ are the ____ time to ____
2) No matter how hard I try I still can’t _____
3) When I was young I thought turning 30 meant ____ but now I know it means____
4) I love to cook ____ for dinner. When I am in a hurry my to to meal is ___
1) Late evenings are the best and quietest time to get blog work done.
2) No matter how hard I try I still can’t pronounce certain words in English correctly.
3) When I was young I thought turning 30 meant you were grown up but now I know it means that there is still a whole lot of growing up to do and life to live.
4) I love to cook simple but delicious dishes for dinner. When I am in a hurry my go to meal is chef salad. It’s healthy, quick and filling!