How is it the middle of September already? It just crept up on me without any warning.
The past two weeks were just strange – without any true routine, random days off and unexpected weekend trips that took longer than anticipated. To say I crave some normalcy and finally get back into the school rhythm is an understatement – and yes, I did have tons of fun!
So, here we are, the middle of the month, and you know what that means, right? Well, even if you don’t – I’ll tell ya!
It’s time for our monthly Focus on Mom link up.
Every month, Nicolette of Working on a Project and I, challenge ourselves and you to get out from behind the camera and step out in front of it. We ask you to think about capturing the simple everyday moments that years from now you and your family will treasure most, regardless of what you were wearing or what kind of camera you were using.
Here are a few of my moments in front of the camera from the last month.
1) I took this selfie after one of our morning walks. We decided to chance the storm clouds and threatening rain and go for it. Unfortunately, the rain won and by the time we got home, hubby and I were trenched. BUT we walked!!!
2) A few weeks ago, we had Little One all to ourselves for one night and took her out and about for a fun evening. Here we are at a new restaurant we tried for dinner. It was great.
3) And after dinner, a picture in front of the fountain – just mommy and Little One.
4) Here I am with my older two the next day after we collected them from their friends’ houses. Mommy is happy to have her brood back together.
5) Fun in the sun and the pool at my mom’s house. This is were our unexpected, longer than anticipated but super fun trip took us. We all had a blast spending time with my aunt and uncle who are visiting from Germany. I asked the husband for one or two pictures with me in them and he went a little crazy with my camera! 🙂
I hope, you will join us and show of your moments in front of the camera!
Starting this month, Nicolette and I have decided to feature one fellow “Mom” each month to highlight and share with you. This month we are highlighting Greta from Gfunkified – she’s lovely all around and a pleasure to “know” in the blogosphere.
Greta set an amazing goal of running 500 miles in 2013 and is on track to make that happen very soon. She is currently fundraising for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) and as part of their team will be running in the half marathon at Disney World this coming January.
Please visit Nicolette for more info on Greta and our efforts to help her raise funds for this great cause!
Your comments matter this month – so please, say “Hello!”.
How to join us:You can do either #1 or #2 below or both.
- Link up your picture on one of our blogs. If you have a blog then add a link to your post. If not, then add a link to your Facebook photo, Instagram feed, or Twitter handle. Not sure how to find the link to your photo(s) on social media? It’s super easy. I wrote two posts to show you how: How to get a link to a photo on Instagram and Twitter and How to get a link to a picture on Facebook.
- Post your photo on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and add the #focusonmom to the description.We are going to use the #focusonmom across all social media to make this challenge as accessible as possible. What does that mean? You don’t need to have a blog to join us. All you need is an account with either Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
- Spread the word and Follow Us! If you follow us on Twitter (Nicolette / Susi / Melinda), Facebook (Nicolette / Susi /Melinda) and/or Instagram (Nicolette / Susi / Melinda) it will be easier to share our reminder posts and for us to share your posts as well.
- Encourage others. Starting the 15th of each month click the hashtag on any of social media sites to see the pics shared. Show some love, make some new friends and support other women who have taken the time to get in front of the camera.
- Link Back. Please mention this challenge in your post and link back to one of our blogs. Thanks to Susi we have a button! Grab the code from the sidebar.