This month, the topic for Old School Blogging is your five favorite blogs. It’s a tall order to keep it to five, that’s for sure but I will try my best.
In no particular order, here are five of my faves.
1) The founder and my lovely co-host for Focus on Mom, Nicolette of Working on a Project. Nicolette blogs about all the little and big projects in her life and just recently started Social Good Friday, a weekly feature where she highlights individuals and businesses that use social media for good. Nicolette was one of the first bloggy friends I’ve met in real life and only wish she would live a bit closer so that we could see each other more often in person.
2) Some bloggy friends come and go, but others stick around, BethAnn of It’s Just Life is one of them. She was one of the first people who left a comment on my blog and she is the sweetest and kindest person you’ll ever meet. I once posted a photo of my spilled loose leaf rooibus tea (that came all the way from Germany) and BethAnn ended up sending me a little care package with special tea she brought back from her trip to China. She also hosts comments for a cause on her blog each month – she highlights an organization dear to her and at the end of the month she tallies up her comments and donates 50 cents per comment to that cause!
3) Leslie, is another bloggy friend from way in the beginning. She was the first person to open up her blog to a guest-post from me and I love reading her often funny take on life. Like me, she is the mama of three beautiful children (one boy, two girls in the exact same order) but unlike me, lives all the way in Canada. She is also the host of Tuesday Coffee Chat , a weekly link up of posts where everyone can share there thoughts on a given topic. She’s a coffee-holic and a huge fan of the Walking Dead. And I love her dearly!
4) Claudia, of Images by CW, is a fellow German, married to an American and living in New Jersey. Claudia is an avid photographer and I love her images, many of which are on sale. She’s a great inspiration to me in that regard and I love that we can talk about all things Germany related. She also shares the same name as someone in my family, and that makes me happy!
5) Last, but not least, there is Tabitha of Fresh Mommy Blog, a fairly recent find for me. Tabitha, hosts the Hump Day Dump each Wednesday and her photos, regardless if they are from her camera or her phone are always awesome and fun. She has three beautiful children, and if you ever need a baby fix, stop by her blog or Instagram account and check out her baby, Skylar. He’s just too cute. Tabitha is also a fellow Floridian and lives on the West Coast. She just recently welcomed a new contributor to her blog and I cannot wait to read more about Autumn.
An honorable mention to my real life and blog friend, Hilary, who will get her own post starting tomorrow. So be sure to stop in again!!! And now it’s your turn to join our hosts Elaine and Tracy for some Old School Blogging fun!!!