I was working on this post last night and in the middle of it my laptop just shut down for no apparent reason. It seems to be doing okay right now. I have a feeling it might be the battery… We’ll see. Anyways, since it was late and I was tired, I saw it as a sign to pack it in for the night. And good thing I did, because this morning, I had this idea… to share five of my favorite posts I read this week.
So, here they are in no particular order…
- I loved Kerstin’s post on “talking teenager” about conversations she has with her daughter. I do hope that I’ll have that type of relationship when my own are that age. Bonus: I loved seeing the picture of her daughter’s room and had to show it to my oldest who forever wants to re-do her room. She loved the Instagram wall.
- This one, from Nicolette , comes with the bonus of seeing her older daughter’s smiling face. I love the idea of this simple science “experiment” and can’t wait to let my youngest go a bit crazy!!!
- Alison voiced her displeasure over all the recent negativity in the blogging world. I have to agree with her. I generally like to keep my blogging space happy and upbeat. There is enough negativity in this world and I don’t feel the need to add to it.
- The media often casts a harsh and negative light on many things and as one reader put it: “Sex and fear are the biggest sellers.” I am often saddened by how others perceive the US and our life here, but yet, people keep coming because they are looking for a better life than the one they had. BethAnn wrote how she feels about it.
- Out of the mouth of babes. This is what recently happened to Stasha and her boy while they were out for a walk with the dogs. You won’t believe what Little J said – it’ll make you smile!
I hope, you enjoy reading these as much as I did. And if you have a great post to recommend, I’d love it if you left me a link in the comments. Thanks!
Yesterday, I spent a few hours at school helping out with the book fair and while I was straightening up the shelves a bit, I saw this cute pup smiling at me. I love to read about charlie and Walter and the other pets that run around on The Pioneer Woman’s ranch. This gem is now a part of little one’s library. 🙂
And after school, we decided to stop by our favorite local farm store and get a few small pumpkins for roasted pumpkin seeds. The kids had fun running around and playing with some of the new additions that were scattered around the place. I love going to Bedner’s and they always have fun events going on but it is so crowded on the weekend’s now, that I prefer to stop by during the week. Best of all, I got my requisite pumpkin patch photos of the kids. But I may drag them to the pumpkin patch down the street because it’s a bit more shady and thus better for not getting the squinty eyes!!!
And after all this, time to join Hilary for some fill in fun.
Each week, Hilary plans on listing four statements with a blank for us to fill in on our own blogs. If you want to join the fun and come up with four fill in’s of your own, please email them to her. If she uses them, she will add you as co-host to the hop!
This week’s co-host is Lisa from Lisa writes! She came up with the last two statements! Hilary REALLY, REALLY, REALLY NEEDS SOME STATEMENTS!
I would LOVE it if you could please help her spread the word about this hop…. So, please tweet, FaceBook share, and add the linky to your post…
This week’s statements:
1) Help! I really _____
2) My ____ is my _____
3) I cannot wait to _____
4) The sentence has ______________ letters.
1) Help! I really need a job!
2) My kids (is) are my world.
3) I cannot wait to see Hilary in a few weeks.
4) The sentence has many letters.