No post is complete without at least one photo. This is from earlier in the week when our “cold front” was rolling in. It is a bit cooler and feels nice out but I think, I was hoping for a bit more coolness!!! 🙂
You guys, I’m drowning in lice removal treatments right now. Yesterday, we got a call from school that they found lice on Little One – they made it sound like she was infested with them. Thing is, they just checked all the kids a few days ago and she was fine (one child was sent home as far as I know), then she was home sick for two days, goes back to school and all of a sudden has lice. We took her to our pediatrician because try as we might we couldn’t find anything. Both big brother and sister seem fine as well. Well, it took about 20 minutes of searching and the nurse found one nit – ONE nit, when the school nurse made it sound like she had hundreds!!!
Anyways, the pediatrician prescribed us a prescription strength shampoo which not one pharmacy in the area seemed to have – we won’t be able to get it until this afternoon – and then all 5 of us will get treated. Just as a precaution.
I’ve been stripping beds, washing sheets, blankets, pillow cases, vacuuming the WHOLE house (for the second time this week), spraying everything down with lice spray… and there is no end in sight. I’m exhausted!!! And since we can’t do the treatment til later I stripped all the beds again. My poor washing machine and dryer are on overload.
But I tell you, in my almost 13 years as a mom this is the first time I’ve had to deal with this and it’s FREAKING me out. So, better safe than sorry.
Anyways, that’s my story for today!
Here are my 5 for Friday (favorite blog posts) picks for this week…
- First, I want to share what my friend Greta at G*Funk*ified is up to right now and ask for your support. She’s currently in a duel, a dynamic duel with Laura of Mommy-Miracles. It’s Americans versus Canadians and they both need our support for this virtual 5K to raise funds for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
- Katie, at Sluiter Nation, did an awesome job of taking the mystery out of the Common Core curriculum being implemented by school districts nation wide. I’ve heard and read many comments about it – most of them negative, so reading this post was really great!
- Jennifer recently changed the name of her blog from Just Jennifer to I’m Dancing in the Rain, after a favorite quote of hers. I love it and I love this post she wrote last week even more. Why do people feel the need to be so judgy all the time?
- This post by Kim of Make Mommy Go Something Something might be hard for some of you to read, it brought tears to my eyes. I’ve told Kimberly repeatedly that she’s the first person who was really able to drive home what it is like dealing with mental illness – she’s a fighter that’s for sure and I know, I’m better for “knowing” her. Stay strong, Kim!!!
- Some of you may know that I always try to link up with Kristi of live and love out loud and Rebecca of Bumbles and Light for their Nurture Photography Challenges each season. It’s great to meet new people that are interested in photography like I am and also to learn more about photography itself. This week Rebecca highlighted some tips for better photos if you use you phone a lot – and I do, use my phone for most of my day to day photography!
So, there you have it. My 5 favorite posts for this week. Don’t forget to check Nicolette’s pick for social good Friday – I think, the adage “great minds think alike” applies here!!! 🙂
Follow Friday Four Fill in Fun
Each week, Hilary plans on listing four statements with a blank for us to fill in on our own blogs. If you want to join the fun and come up with four fill in’s of your own, please email them to her. If she uses them, she will add you as co-host to the hop! This week’s co-host is Carla from Random Ramblings! she came up with the last two statements!
Hilary REALLY, REALLY, REALLY NEEDs SOME STATEMENTS!
She would LOVE it if you could please help her spread the word about this hop…. So, please tweet, FaceBook share, and add the linky to your post…
This week’s statements:
1) I wear the color ____ a lot
2) I think that ____ make the _____
3) Ugh! ____ is getting on my nerves!
4) ____ was a major accomplishment ____.
1) I wear the color blue a lot. (It’s my favorite and I’ve been told it makes my eyes pop.)
2) I think that kids make the world a better place.
3) Ugh! This lice situation is getting on my nerves!
4) Not screaming was a major accomplishment yesterday.
Ok, peeps, I gotta run and wash some more blankies!!! Hope you all are having great and most of all, lice free day!!!