After a month of going pink for October my little ole blog is back to my favorite color – blue! I am very happy with how it looks right now and I think, it’ll stay this way for at least a little while, as I’m embarking on a new adventure next week (if all the paperwork goes through without a hitch). On Wednesday, I will get up bright and early and leave the house with my kiddos to start work as an assistant preschool teacher. I am very excited and look forward to this new path my life is taking!
But for now, some fun things on this first day of November – can you believe it?
Essence of Now
A minion and a vampire ready to head out for some “trick or treat” fun.
This little vampire had so much fun and flew like the wind through the neighborhood collecting as much candy as she could.
Tired but oh so happy with what she collected.
And one last shot for the night. A bit grainy but oh well… This mommy needed to capture the fun she had with her little vampire girl.
Five for Friday
Here are my picks for five favorite posts this week. Hope you enjoy!
- My friend Beth Ann regularly writes up a post about the funny things her husband says. She lovingly calls them “Chrisisms”. I always have to chuckle when I read these – some of them are truly hilarious gems.
- Jessica of My Time as Mom and her friend, MamaTrack host a fun photo link-up each Friday called “Essence Of Now” and I’m sorry to say that I haven’t linked up too much lately but am trying to get into the habit again. It’s so nice to get a glimpse of what is going on in everyone’s lives in the now! This week Jessica shared some funny pumpkin carving pics of her daughters. It sure looks like they had a blast…
- Kelly shares all things food related on her blog EatPicks — scrumptious recipes, beautiful food photography and restaurant reviews. I can’t wait to try this recipes for her homemade banana muffins – simply delish!
- Jelli along with my awesome friend, Nicolette host the MommyBrainMixer each week and this week Jelli shared some fun and creative fall crafts to do with the kids. Bonus: You’ll get to see more blogs highlighted here.
- The last post I am highlighting is not so fun but I feel very worth sharing. This past week marked the 1 year anniversary of Hurricane Sandy, and while our lives went on, many people affected by it still have to deal with the aftermath one year later. Hilary wrote a very poignant post on how she feels about what happened one year ago and how it affected her.
Follow Friday Four Fill In Fun
Each week, Hilary plans on listing four statements with a blank for us to fill in on our own blogs. If you want to join the fun and come up with four fill in’s of your own, please email them to her. If she uses them, she will add you as co-host to the hop!
This week’s co-host is Pam from Trouppetrie! She came up with the last two statements! Hilary REALLY, REALLY, REALLY NEEDS SOME STATEMENTS!
She would LOVE it if you could please help her spread the word about this hop…. So, please tweet, FaceBook share, and add the linky to your post…
This week’s statements:
1) I eat a lot of ___ in the ____
2) Mornings are ___ in my house even though I _____
3) I would love to learn about ___ but do not want to have to ___
4) I would be willing to give up ______ to save money but would never compromise ___
1) I eat a lot of cereal in the morning.
2) Mornings are always a bit rushed in my house even though I try to get the brood moving on time.
3) I would love to learn about many, many things but do not want to have to sacrifice my time with the kids for it.
4) I would be willing to give up certain personal things to save money but would never compromise on anything the kids really need.
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend with lots of fun and relaxation.