I decided to join Leslie for some coffee and a chat and clear out some of the random bits rumbling around in my head!
- I am currently enjoying a very hot cup of coffee in my new (Christmas present) camera lens mug, something I had coveted for a while. My daughter knows me so well! 🙂 Looking out the window it’s a bit dreary and the wind is whistling through the palm trees and bushes, on this cold-for-us thin-blooded Floridians day.
- Yesterday afternoon, the kids and I held a funeral for Newton, the school’s science lab hamster that we had been watching over the break. He died his last night with us and it was quite a shock to find him in his cage the next morning. Not only did I feel sad that he died but I felt even worse because here we were trusted with taking care of one of the school’s pets and came back empty handed. We had him before and the kids had grown quite attached to him and considered him “their” pet. Unfortunately, hamsters and other small pets like it have a very short lifespan compared to other pets and from what I gather, it wasn’t 100% clear how old he was. Daisy, Ashley’s hamster will be getting a lot of extra attention for the next little while that’s for sure.
- Some of you may wonder what I am doing online at this time of day, as I normally would be at work right about now. Well, starting tomorrow or Thursday, I will be at work again at this time, just at a different job! I know, I know, I had just started my position as an assistant preschool teacher a few months back and really loved it. I didn’t have a chance to talk about it too much here, I felt as though I needed to wait until things had settled down a bit as there were some changes happening right along. But as fate would have it, the last day before break I got an e-mail and made a phone call, one that would get me a position at my kids’ school! Something, I had been hoping for since I worked there at summer camp. So, if all goes well, I should have my contact this afternoon and start training either tomorrow or Thursday. Once that happens I will let you know more details (if you like). Until then, I don’t want to jinx myself!!! Wish me luck!!! I’m equal parts excited and nervous…
- Even though my hubby is only half Jewish, he has the Jewish guilt down pat! I am going away all by MYSELF from Saturday to Sunday to meet up with Greta of G*Funk*ified and Nicolette of Working on a Project in Orlando. Greta will be down here for the Disney Princess Half Marathon and Nicolette has graciously offered to let me stay with her for the night ( if you are reading this Nicolette, Thanks a million!!!) so we can all meet, hang out and have a nice girl’s night out. I am super excited because this will be the first time that I am going away all by myself since becoming a mom and getting married. But it’s also hubby’s birthday Saturday and I feel bad about leaving him. He has assured me it’s okay for me to go because who knows when we will have the chance to meet up with Greta again in the near future! The guilt still rears it’s ugly head…
- Confession: I like listening to Ashley’s new One Direction album Midnight Memories. I have the music blasting right now since I’m the only one at home and it makes cleaning much more fun! We have a Roku and it streams music from the Amazon Cloud Player among other things. It’s great, I set it to shuffle and it plays EVERYTHING that’s in the library over hubby’s awesome stereo.
Okay, that’s it for now – just a few things that were/are on my mind. Hope everyone is staying warm and safe!!!