Friday Saturday. The Friday before Saturday of a long holiday weekend no less. And the weather is absolutely gorgeous. So looking forward to this weekend…
It should be fun and relaxing and much less worrisome than last weekend!!! I think, today, besides getting some groceries, we’ll sit by the pool and enjoy the sunshine.
I was going to publish this yesterday, I really was but then got side tracked and never finished the post. So, here I am on this fine Saturday morning, with a cup of coffee by my side, trying to finish up.
This week ended a lot better than it started. On Monday we were still worried about middle and her mono diagnosis.
Tuesday, I took the day off from work to take her back to the doctor and ended up getting an ultrasound to make sure her spleen wasn’t enlarged.
Wednesday, she went back to school with physical restriction and we got word that her sonogram was normal.
By Thursday she was feeling a lot better and some of her energy has definitely returned. Now we have the hard job of telling her to slow down and relax and not over-do… It’s not so easy to make her understand that even though she’s feeling better she still has to take it easy so she doesn’t relapse. But I’m sure her body will let her know when it’s too much.
On Wednesday and Thursday, I had the 8th graders in the lab doing tie-dye as an end-of-year “experiment” — they had a lot of fun but it was a lot of work for me — I didn’t realize all the prep that goes into doing a proper tie-dye… When I was cleaning up, I noticed some unintentional tie-dye art on the underpads we used to let the shirts sit on overnight before rinsing them the next day.
The photographer in me had to snap a few pictures and then edit the shots and this is what I came up with… What do you think?
And now here’s this:
You know the deal and if not, go head over to Hilary’s so you can see what she has to say about Follow Friday Four Fill in Fun!!!
- I heard _____________ prevents _____________
- I wish ______________
- My ____ color is _____ it make me feel _____
- My mom gives me the best make-up stuff – one of the perks of working for Estée Lauder.
- I heard drinking at least 4 cups of coffee a day prevents uterine cancer in women – it’s supposed to lower the risk by about 25%.
- I wish everyone a wonderful holiday weekend!
- My favorite color is blue it makes me feel happy. (Is it any wonder – just look at the cloudless blue sky we have today in South Florida — gorgeous!)