As much as I’ve been enjoying camp, this week I’m really looking forward to Friday! I need some rest people. It’s was another fun-filled week at camp with a snorkeling field trip and another one to the Fishing Hall of Fame today! At camp we had a wild animal show, dissected some squid, made sand art and some “sea urchins” out of marshmallows and pretzel sticks which the kids ate right away, of course. These were definitely a lot tastier than the real sea urchin I’ve tried before! 🙂
And this is me after today’s World Cup game – Germany vs. USA – yes, I was very happy that Germany won today but even happier that both teams got to advance into the Round of 16. Now the real fun begins!!! 🙂
And just for fun. Here’s a little turtle buddy that we saw at Gumbo Limbo Nature Center the other day. He’s recuperating from a propeller strike and some other ailments. Hopefully, he’ll be back in the ocean soon!
Okay, you know the deal – Each week, Hilary lists four statements with a blank for us to fill in on our own blogs. If you want to join the fun and come up with four fill in’s of your own, please email them to her.
If she uses them, she will add you as co-host to the hop! Hilary REALLY NEEDS STATEMENTS!
This week’s co-host is Elizabeth from Silver’s Reviews. She came up with the last two statements
- I am trying hard to learn how to ____
- ___ makes me think that ____
- When you try too hard, _______
- Can you really______?
- I am trying hard to learn how to graciously accept help – it doesn’t come easy!
- Being a counselor for Science Adventure Camp makes me think that I‘ve been missing out on many things Florida has to offer.
- When you try too hard, you sometimes make things more difficult on yourself and those around you!
- Can you really teach an old dog new tricks? I’d like to think in some cases you can!