It’s Saturday, and you know what that means, right?
It means, that I’ll be doing Hilary’s Follow Friday Four Fill in Fun blog hop a day late, as usual lately!!!
But, better late than never, a motto I definitely adopted ever since my return to work.
This week’s statements:
- The beach is _____
- Smartphones are ____
- I like to ____
- My dream ______________ would be _____________
- The beach is a place for me to go and recharge. There’s nothing better in this world than soaking up the sun, toes in the sand, and listening to the waves roll into shore. Followed closely, by actually being in the water and snorkeling to see what goes on beneath the waves!
- Smartphones are both a delight and bane of my existence. I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with them… but mostly love. I CANNOT wait to get the new iPhone 6 next week.
- I like to do many things- most of which I do not seem to have enough time for. C’est la vie!!!
- My dream home would be open, and light, with a big kitchen, close, very close, to the ocean or the Intracoastal so that we could really live the Florida life-style. We did so many amazing things with summer camp this past summer and it made me realize how much I truly love the water and being in it and on it and part of it. And yes, I feel lucky to be closer to the beach than most but I wish, in my heart, that we could just be a bit closer to take more advantage of it! (It did say “my dream” … 🙂 )
This past week was a busy one. We are slowly, but surely getting back into the school/work day swing of things. It’s still a bit hectic with all the required back-to-school meetings after a long day at school and work but we are managing.
Tuesday was Ally’s curriculum night. I couldn’t be happier with her teacher and assistant teacher. There are only 9 kids in her class,, most of them her friends from last year. It was a bit of a bummer that they split her PK – 4 class in half. But the school prides itself on their small class sizes in the lower grades, plus, there are always new kids coming in and this way there is plenty of room for newcomers. I think, she will have an amzing year and will really grow. Her teacher is new to the school but comes from a nearby school where she was the teacher for the gifted program which is great for our kids. I think, our little Kindergartener will really thrive this year!!!
Conner went on an after school field trip to our sister school on Wednesday with the robotics team, which meant a trip back to school at 7 to pick him up. Of course, they were late and by the time we got home, after stopping to get him a bite to eat, the day was over. But it’s all good. I’m so proud of him for being a part of the high school robotics team, even though he’s only just now started 8th grade. Next week, they will go to their first competition in Melbourne, Florida! Pretty cool stuff and something he really enjoys!
On Thursday, it was time for the middle school curriculum night. After working until about 5, I dropped Ally off with the hubby and took Conner and Ash for a quick bite to eat. We got back to campus at 6 and the two of them went off to do their duties as student ambassadors while I waited for the beginning of curriculum night. After the headmaster and principals said a few words, the parents were released to experience a short version of our kids’ days. I chose to “walk” Ashley’s schedule, since Conner already has two years of middle school under his belt and I know most of the teachers. Ash is just starting out and has had to deal with many changes, coming from lower school into middle and also going from the Academy program, with smaller class sizes and extra help , to the “regular” Heritage program, with bigger class sizes and a more mainstream curriculum, in most of her classes. I should mention, that as a whole, our school is a college preparatory school – regardless if you are in Academy or Heritage! Anyways, all seems well and she should be just fine. One thing is for sure, she will get plenty of exercise during the school day running from class to class.
Friday, we were able to leave at our normal time, sans Ashley who was off for her first gig as a mother’s helper/babysitter. One of the mom’s asked her at curriculum night if she would help out with her youngest daughter, who we know from school. Ash was more than happy to help and had a wonderful time. The hubby took the rest of us to dinner and then we went home. I started feeling weird at dinner and by the time we got home I was in a long-sleeved shirt and jacket and still I was shivering from being cold. Mind you, it’s still 90° outside. This morning I woke up with a splitting headache on the right side of my head/face. So I get to spend the weekend recuperating and resting. Gotta be back in shape by Monday!!!
Okay, lovelies, there you have it – a little rundown of our week.
Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!