ipsy glam bag reveal {September 2014}

September 16, 2014

I’ve been getting the ipsy glam bags for a few months now. Ashley is very into all things fashion and make-up and follows a few You – Tubers who do these type of reveals and make-up tutorials and she loves watching them and trying things out for herself. She’s been begging me for a while to sign up for one of the services and I finally gave in. We tried Birchbox first but I was very disappointed in their service and cancelled after the first month.

The premise is simple: a $10/month membership gets you a little make-up bag filled with goodies. Most of them are a generous sample size (good for travel) and some are full-size products. If you like what you receive, you can buy the products through the ipsy web site, usually at discounted prices.

Like I said, so far I’ve been very happy with the service and the products we’ve received and luckily, Ash and I have been able to share without too much bickering! The bags are always a big deal – they are soooo cute and we both always want them! 🙂

Here is this month’s bag:
IMG_0848.JPG

I really love everything!
Just look at that bag? Yes, this one we squabbled over but I’ll let Ash have it.

IMG_0849.JPG

The hand cream is pretty great. I’m always on the look-out for a decent hand cream. This one smells great and doesn’t leave your hands feeling greasy.

IMG_0850.JPG

I haven’t tried the face wash yet and may just give that one to Ash. When it comes to face wash I’m pretty set in my ways due to my sensitive skin and history with eczema.

IMG_0851.JPG

And the nail polish. Don’t you just love that color? I cannot wait to paint my nails and would have already, if I’d had the time.

IMG_0853.JPG

I liked the lip stick color but usually shy away from darker colors. I did try it and was very happily surprised that it did suit me. (I think.)

IMG_0854.JPG

The powder went straight to Ash. She was very happy to see it in the bag while I didn’t quite know what to do with it. It’s just a plain silica powder that’s used for setting make-up, according to Ash. Shows you how much I know. 🙂

IMG_0852.JPG

All in all a nice bag of goodies with items we will most certainly use. And I may have to swipe the bag when Ash isn’t looking. It matches my purse, even if the studs on my purse are slightly different! 🙂

IMG_0855.JPG

So, what do you think? Is this something you would do? Do you love make-up? Let me know in the comments!!!

xo, Susi

• Katrin September 16, 2014 at 1:41 pm

That nail polish is fantastic! I love Pacifica products!

• Susi September 16, 2014 at 3:22 pm

Glad to hear you like the Pacifica products. It’s the first time I have something from them. That’s why I like ipsy – there are things in there that I would maybe normally not buy!

• Claudia September 16, 2014 at 7:49 pm

While I do love goodie-bags, in all honesty, it is too much for 😉 A couple of months ago I ordered for the 1st time something on beauty.com and they had a special where you got a pretty decent sized bag stuffed full of samples – oh my… in the end I gave it all away 🙂
    Claudia recently posted..Raindrops on Flowers WWMy Profile

• Susi September 17, 2014 at 8:17 am

Claudia, if I wasn’t sharing this with Ash, I probably wouldn’t have gotten it either. It could get overwhelming and I would probably give lots away too.

• Beth Ann chiles September 17, 2014 at 8:07 am

I loved getting those Ipsy bags in the mail and I bet Ash really does love them. I did it for about 6 months and now I am into the foodie ones—-maybe the cosmetic ones are a better idea for me. 🙂 Your bag this month looks great—I can see why you loved the products!
    Beth Ann chiles recently posted..Wordless WednesdayMy Profile

• Susi September 17, 2014 at 8:18 am

I’ve seen the foodie ones and would probably LOVE that. May have to look into it some more!!! 🙂

• Rorybore September 17, 2014 at 9:43 am

I am such a make up ho!!! LOL
    like seriously, I could spend hours in our drug store just looking at all the stuff. I’ve always had the attitude that it is not because I need it — but rather, I just think it’s fun. Especially great colours like your nail polish and lipstick.
    Sadly, when we dropped to one income: such luxuries got the boot. Now I really only replace my few standards when they run out. Something like this service would be so awesome.
    Rorybore recently posted..WW: Going Up the CountryMy Profile

• Susi September 17, 2014 at 10:10 am

Leslie, I wouldn’t have gotten this service if I wasn’t working and using my own paycheck for it. 🙂 But it is something fun to share with Ash and I’m sure later on with Ally!