Blog Photography

One good thing… {my project 365, day 88 to day 101}

April 10, 2016

“Every day may not be good… but there’s one good thing in every day!” ~Alice Morse Earle

I welcome you to my new project 365 and weekly link up #onegoodthing. My friends Claudia and Leslie have agreed to help me host the link-up which goes live each Monday (well, actually Sunday night around 11 pm if you want to be exact) and we would love for you to link up and share your #onegoodthing with us and our readers. It can be anything good that day, week, month… a photo, an anecdote, a poem. There are no rules, just goodness and hopefully smiles along the way.

(Claudia is taking a bit of a break from the link-up for right now, but may join us again in the future.)

The last two weeks are a bit of a blur… As you may have noticed, I never posted my #onegoodthing post last Sunday. I got thing while we were at robotics competition and ended up in bed for almost 4 days. I haven’t been this sick in about 11 years. It just blindsided me. I’m still not quite 100% and bed is calling me… So a short post today, with a few of my favorite snapshots from the past two weeks…

day 93

Hubby surprised me by driving, more accurately, riding his motorcycle up to the competition one day. I didn’t expect to see him, so this was a nice little bonus.

day 94

The girls came and snuggled with me at night while I was sick, since they were in school and I slept so much that I barely saw them. It was nice to have them stop by and hang out with me.

day 99

Friday, I joined the marine biology field trip to Manatee Lagoon, since I unexpectedly didn’t have any labs and my friend urged me to come along and enjoy the beautiful day. It was a good call, as the sun made me feel better and we even got to see a manatee.

day 101

We ended the weekend with a nice drive along A1A and dinner outside at one of our favorite places, The Old Key Lime House. I spent most of the weekend cleaning, which was way overdue, so I was happy to get out of the house for a bit and enjoy this beautiful weather we’ve been having…

I hope you are well! Please, leave a comment or tag along and share what was good in your life recently!

xoxo, Susi

BocaFrau

• Beth Ann Chiles April 11, 2016 at 6:54 am

I am so sorry you were sick but hopefully you are well on the road to recovery now. Your girls are getting more and more beautiful every day. They take after their beautiful mama. for sure.

• Susi April 12, 2016 at 8:53 am

Thank you, Beth Ann! I am definitely on the road to recovery but still not quite 100%. I’m trying not to over-due and listen to my body as much as possible so I get better and not worse.

• Rorybore April 11, 2016 at 10:39 am

Hey, how come you look good still when you are so sick?! No fair! I look like a gray – green ghost with freckles when I am sick. LOL
    But I love that picture of your snuggling with your girls!! Do they actually cuddle, or to you get an elbow to the face and a knee to the ribs? that’s “cuddle time” to my active girls. ha.

Nice surprise from hubby!!! Do you ride the bike with him? Because that would be awesome.

• Susi April 12, 2016 at 8:57 am

The girls are pretty good, but yes, there is the occasional elbow to the ribs. And thank god for filters that take the worst of the grey ness away… Believe me, I definitely did not look my best while I was sick. My kids told me so more than once. As for the bike, I haven’t yet ridden with him. I’ve developed this irrational fear that if we are both on the bike and something will happen my kids are alone… I used to love it though but now there is so much traffic here and it seems not a day goes by without some motorcycle casualty. I may yet go with him but need to get a helmet and jacket first.

• Hilary April 12, 2016 at 7:13 am

I hope you are feeling all better now. I love the last picture!! She is sooo beautiful!

• Susi April 12, 2016 at 8:58 am

Yes, I’m feeling better. Not 100% but better… And yes, she is a beauty that little girl of mine. 🙂

• Claudia April 12, 2016 at 3:14 pm

Lovely pictures, Susi. You have a great family inside out. I hope you continue to feeling better. I love that manatee shot, I want to see one, too.
    Hm, I can relate to your issues with the bike riding. I thought I would never ever get on one. Then along came David and we went on tours together – but we don’t have kids, so… – and now I even have a license, haha – not that I would use it anymore, because the last time I rode is three, four years ago.

p.s. happy that you are not ‘mad’ that I am taking a break 🙂

• Susi April 18, 2016 at 9:42 pm

I could never be mad about that. Life gets in the way sometimes and other things take priority – your sanity for example! 🙂 Manatees are pretty cool and I was lucky enough to see a mom and her baby shortly after we moved here. We lived on a canal that was an off-shoot of the Caloosahatchee River in Ft. Myers and they came by to rest and relax.

• Kimberly April 14, 2016 at 1:04 pm

I’m so sorry to hear that you were so sick like that. It sounds like it was awful! I’m glad that you’re doing better though and that your girls were such sweethearts like that. Kids have such an amazing way of making us feel better even when we feel the absolute worst! They truly are our best medicine 🙂

• Susi April 18, 2016 at 9:40 pm

They sure are! I’m glad I’m feeling better and am mostly back to normal, it was no fun and I hope, it won’t happen again anytime soon.